I got some shit to say. And I'm lazy.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So Excited!

In lieu of a much more serious post that will be coming tomorrow, I will instead offer up this little slice of aural heaven. The band, The Broken West I discovered last year after hearing them on NPR. I bought the album, 'Now or Heaven' on a whim, and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years. Period. No qualifiers, no I like it in an ironic, Squeeze is the soundtrack to post college ennui kind of way. If you dig great pop songrwriting with witty and charmingly sad lyrics, this band is for you. It's not heavy or country, like most of the stuff I like. But it's a welcome dose of guarded optimistic sunshine, which I think we all need.

Anyhow-

These guys are playing Sunday night in Brooklyn, and I am more than a little stoked!
Here's the video to their single off the album, "Perfect Games".

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home