I got some shit to say. And I'm lazy.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

there were...

A bunch of old folks at work today, celebrating 'Grandparent's Day' at the museum. At first I was highly annoyed with the olde tyme jug and fiddle band and the hordes of AARP members who with their tweeting hearing aids were disrupting my usual Tuesday solitude.

But then a group of them stood up and boogied down to some starry eyed old standard.

And I got criminally happy and teary with joy.

I can only hope that one day I will be able to do the same thing, shaking my withered old tail feather to the hits of my day. Instead of Benny Goodman, Jimmy Rodgers and Cab Calloway it will be Outkast, Ryan Adams, and Snoop Dogg.

My wish is that we will all be able to do this someday, and show up those young whipper snappers. Moments like this are so fleeting and beautiful, it's hard to not be overwhelmed with joy and wonderment.

Sometimes life can sooooo fucking suck a fuck. For instance, I had to tell a big truth yesterday that deeply hurt me and someone very dear to me. But I know in the end it was the right thing for everyone, no matter how bad it hurts today. And moments like that totally validate the good moments, the ones that come from out of nowhere and knock you around for all the right reasons. I guess what I'm getting at is that even when I'm drinking through all the tears, life is truly something else.

Forgive the purple prose. Blame it on the sassafrasses shaking their withered asses.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home