I got some shit to say. And I'm lazy.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Wire, 2002-2008, R.I.P.


I came late to this party, but dammit if I ain't one of the last to leave. I like good TV, hell I may even love it more than a good movie, but nothing, I repeat, nothing comes close to this show. And that's saying a lot. Six Feet Under, Rescue Me, Slings & Arrows, all great shows, but none of them comes even close to matching the scope and magnitude of The Wire. The writing reads like a lyric sheet from Jay-Z; the scope and wide-reaching arc of the players and institutions involved is pure Dostoevsky; the relevance is like something from the metro section during the good old days of the NY Times. If you haven't yet do yourself a favor; this show is off the proverbial chain.

To quote Detective Lester Freamon, (probably my favorite character) 'Every piece matters.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home