I got some shit to say. And I'm lazy.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

'Tis The Season? The Sad Bastard Strikes Again!



Alright, alright you bastards! You want updates? I'll give you updates. I got a shit load of updates, up my sleeve, or computer, as it were. Thanks to la ketch for being so mean about me not updating. Threatened with irrelevance, I decided it was best to get on the ball, er blog. So ta fucking da, tdawg is back.

First off, a big soyuncabron 'what up?' to all the MTA employees for going through with the strike. Believe me, I hate my commute with a passion, but I hope you realize this is a point they had to make. I'm a dyed in the wool, card carrying Union man, and things like this have to happen in order for the man to open his wallet. My father was involved in several strikes, as was my grandpa, and there was almost one at the museum this summer. I hope that it does end swiftly though, as my shoes are wearing mighty thin, and i ain't got no ipod to snazz up the walk over two bridges.

Secondly, I would like to thank the wonderful hosts Adam and Kristen for their slamming holiday party this last week. It was good to see everyone, even in my highly sensitive,volatile state.

Thirdly, I'm taking the mutherfrickin' GRE tomorrow, which is causing me all sorts of panic and paranoia. I've never been a particularly good test taker, unless you count colonoscopies. (Dr. Iwohara in the house!!) This should be interesting, to say the least. In fact, as I write this, I am patently not studying. I'm flaunting my inability to study by updating an all but dead blog. That's a good way to get me to do things in general. Put a big test in my path and I'll build you that birdhouse you been asking for. Or something.



Anyhow, and I can't recommend this enough, please, please, please run out and go see this movie. I never get all worked up about any work of art anymore, but this thing just totally BLEW. MY. MIND. I haven't LOVED a movie in so long, and I could have watched this thing for six hours straight. No joke. Of course I'm prone to be affected by this type of material, being from Texas and all. And I find it more than a little ironic that Tommy Lee Jones is from my hometown. Because you know, there's a lot of heartache, honkeytonkin', cowboying and redemption going on. Kind of like life, but a little better. At least I never had to bury my best friend. Yet, anyhow. That said, I personally feel that there is not a better movie out there right now, or that I saw this year.

It's good when you can find inspiration in the strangest of places, innit? I used to find it all the time, but now, I can't even get inspired to change my underwear. Apologies to FW for the maudlin. I promise only the choicest of blog entries from now on.
Until next time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam Szymkowicz said...

welcome back!

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Jason Grote said...

There's a great interview between Tommy Lee Jones and Elvis Mitchell on KCRW's The Treatment - actually it's not such a great interview, as Jones is laconic and keeps saying he wants the movie to speak for itself, but it's really interesting hearing Jones talk about Faulkner and Flannery O'Connor.

8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home